In 2008-2014, the Armenian Government received grant support worth about half a billion dollars from Japan, European structures and the USA, Artak Zeynalyan, a deputy from the opposition Yelk faction, wrote Wednesday on his Facebook page.
The grants and property received from Japan, the US and European structures:
• Nuclear power plant – $120 million;
• Office of the Ombudsman – $2 million;
• Ministry of Justice՝ nearly – $25 million;
• National Statistical Service – $2 million;
• Ministry of Emergency Situations – $10 million;
• Ministry of Nature – $40 million;
• Ministry of Health – $4,2 million;
• Ministry of Culture – $2 million;
• Ministry of Agriculture – nearly $8 million.
“The National Police received property worth more than $5.5 million from the US alone, and $36 million from the United States was received by the Ministry of Defense.
“This list does not include the grants allocated by the OSCE, the Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the World Bank, and a number of Indian, Ukrainian, Russian structures.
“Even the National Assembly received $1,5 million grant from North Korea. Grant support received by the Armenian government from 2008 to 2014 amounts to about half a billion dollars, 80% of which comes from the EU and the US,” Zeynalyan wrote.